If you want to trade independently yet still have access to a variety of useful resources, you might find a trading platform to be a useful tool. To make matters even better, you can make use of trading platforms in the UK anytime, anyplace. As long as you have a smartphone, tablet, or laptop and an internet connection you can use them freely. To give you a helping hand with choosing the right one for you, we thought we’d list some of the most popular trading platforms in the UK. We will also focus on how to filter through the options and even provide a little information on how many people actually invest in stocks.
How Many People Trade in the UK?Investing in the stock market can certainly be beneficial, but it’s worth learning a little more about how common it is in the United Kingdom. Looking into the data, you’ll find that a rather moderate percentage of individuals in the UK invest in the stock market. In fact, just 13.5% of UK shares are owned by people, with the rest belonging to banks, investment firms and other businesses. Many citizens might be put off by the risks that can come with investment, despite the high rewards that are on the table. This gives you the perfect opportunity to take advantage of deals that the majority of the population aren’t even aware of. But you’ll still have to be quick to beat other traders – and this is why choosing the right trading platform can be essential.
Top 10 Trading Platforms in the UKWith the great number of existing trading platforms, you might find yourself feeling a bit lost. After all, trying to make a decision when there are so many choices available on Tradingplatforms.com/uk can be daunting. Luckily for you, we’ve found some of the best trading platforms in the UK – let us quickly introduce you to them:
- City Index – While City Index does have some non-trading fees, there’s no minimum deposit for opening an account, customisability across all platforms, great news flow and a lot more to make it one of the best trading platforms in the UK
- CMC Markets – While the desktop platform of CMC Market may not be ideal, the web and mobile versions are excellent. Alongside detailed interactive charts and data to help you with your trading decisions, it can be an excellent choice for more advanced crypto-traders
- eToro – Often considered to be one of the best available, this platform offers zero-commission trading, trader matches, graph trading scenarios, great educational tools for beginners and much more. With all this, it’s plain to see why it’s such a popular trading broker
- FXCM – FXCM offers low trading fees and a low minimum deposit requirement, but one of the main benefits for many traders is that they specialise in cryptocurrencies. While it may not be the most inexpensive choice out there, many consider it to be well worth the money
- IG – While IG does offer brokerage in all stocks and cryptocurrencies, there are higher trading fees. As a high-performing platform with a user-friendly interface, it’s a great choice for more experienced traders who want an easy to use site
- Interactive Brokers – Despite having a more complex registering procedure and high inactivity fees, there is a lot on offer at Interactive Brokers. From their exceptional research tools, to the ability to trade in crypto, stocks and bonds
- Iron FX – This multi-platform brokerage is recognised worldwide for being one of the best in the market. It offers almost anything you could ask for, from multilingual support to many tailored trading products and services, as well as many educational and informational trading tools
- Pepperstone – There is a lot to like about Pepperstone, like the incredible market analysis, minimum deposit fees, low trading commissions and trading advice. On the other hand, these brokers only work in forex and CFD, and don’t have the ideal educational tools either
- Plus500 – If you’re looking for an easy to use trading platform, it’s well worth taking a look at what Plus500 has to offer. With a simple two-step login procedure, straightforward interface and good customer support, it’s a great choice for investors who are still learning the ropes
- Robinhood – Younger investors in the UK who are just starting out might find Robinhood to be one of the better choices. The reason is the fact that it can be an excellent platform to trade with small budgets, as well as being free to use with no fees. Featuring market data, instant access to deposited cash and more, it’s a good place to get started
How to Find a Trading Platform For Your NeedsSince each and every trading platform is different, it is important to not rush into a final decision. If you’re not quite sure on how to choose between the options mentioned above, it might be worth considering these factors during your search:
- Are you an experienced trader or a beginner?
- How much time and money are you willing to invest?
- How good are the customer services?
- What are your financial goals and investment plans?
- Do you have a preferred type of trading?
- How secure is the website, and is it regulated?
- Is the trading platform easy enough to use?
- Will you have access to all the information you need to make the most out of your investments?
- How much do they charge for deposit, trading and inactivity?